Saturday, January 2, 2010

Thoughts on 2010

I have been spending alot of time lately thinking about what I want to do as an aspiring artist in this next year. Some of them are pretty clear cut such as learning to drill a hole in glass and doing more work with glass frit. These will no doubt be challenging but the real challenge comes in learning how to market my work much more effectively.
One of my key problems is not knowing how to use the computer that well. I will try to do one thing only to discover that not only do I not know how to do it but I also don't know how to do several other things which would allow me to do the initial thing. Confused? Well now you have some idea how I feel. I get so frustrated and tired of trying to do something on the computer and not getting it to work that I just throw up my hands and quit. A case in point is how to get a mini-artfire set up and how to get various links and photographs on my blog. I want to make a special effort to get a blog up and going on a regular basis and I want to learn more about social networking in general. There is so much helpful information out there on how to do all of these things and I need to figure out a way to read and learn and experiment without throwing up my hands, pulling my hair out and quitting.
Another thing I would like to focus on is spending more time familiarizing myself with the work of other artists. There are so many talented and creative artists whose work interests and fascinates me. I try to post items of interest periodically on my FB pages but I would like to learn the mechanics of featuring other sellers on my blog. Again computer literacy is required.
Like everyone else I am faced with time constraints so becoming more focused, better organized and learning new skills needs to be addressed. It's going to be a busy year.

No comments: