Thursday, March 25, 2010


Sometimes the more we strive to get something perfect, the less perfect it turns out. There comes a time when your best efforts are just not sufficient and you have to stop. This dish is a perfect example of that. In a futile effort to get it to slump evenly on all four sides, I have fused & slumped it, flattened it and reslumped it, ground the edges and refused and reslumped it and nothing worked. It continued to be not only uneven but also the glass was losing some of its dimensional look. It has been a very frustrating project and I am now willing to put it aside and go on to something else. Admittedly, there were a few moments when I considered throwing it across the studio but then I would have had to clean it up. I am thinking that part of the problem was the white strip of glass I added to the design thus creating a thickness on the edge that was different from the other two sides,

No comments: